University of New Caledonia [fr]
The University of New Caledonia is one of the smaller French universities. In 2012 it counted 30000 students, 200 academic staff, and 70 administrative staff.
Its aims are :
- initial and continuing training ;
- scientific and technological research;
- students orientation and employability ;
- spreading of cultural, scientific and technological information;
- participation in the development of higher education and research in the south Pacific;
- international co-operation and the promotion of the French language.
Since 2007 the Nouville site boasts a 400-seat auditorium, a restaurant and a 2400 m2 library.
UNC offers 26 study programmes. These are taught within three faculties located on three different sites. Courses are available in the following areas:
- Law, Economics and Management (Nouville-Workshops site)
- Sciences and Technology (Nouville-Banyan site)
Language, Literature and Humanities (Magenta site)
UNC offers a new Master of Research “Espaces, société et littérature dans les mondes océaniens”). See attached flyer for further information.
To view information for international students, please click HERE.